Monday, November 30, 2009

My date with CAT

I couldn't sleep well before my C- day.I was amidst a lot of rumors and apprehensions about the on-line CAT.I woke up at 6:30 a.m. and got ready for my second date with CAT.My center was Ansal Institute of Technology, Gurgaon. I reached there at 7:50 a.m. The entry started at 8:00 a.m.The Prometric guy frisked me from top to bottom.He gave me a token for the mobile which I left with them.I proceeded to lab number-5 where a lady was ready with finger printing device.Surprise!!!!The device was not able to read my finger prints.Then another lady came and checked my fingers.But all in vain.Then I was taken for photograph.They used a web cam.Then I was seated on the seat number-6.It was my photo on the screen. I was bound to sit there for next 1 and a 1/2 hour.The loo was open for use till 9:30.The Prometric guys gave 2 pencils, 1 eraser and four scratch sheets.At 10:00 a.m., the test stared.It was a pretty smooth process.There was no noise.I would like to comment on the paper

1.QA-It was the easiest section of the three.A guy with good enough preparation could attempt at least 10-12 questions.The questions were direct and I must say you would have met them in your journey to CAT-09.
My Attempt-15-16
Expected Correct-12-14

2.DI-DI -was time consuming, reasoning questions in particular.There were lengthy questions in reasoning and just 1 question.DI sets were easy to comprehend, but care must be taken because options are very close and you may fall prey to this.DS questions were also okay.
Attempts-16-17
Expected Correct-10-12(minimum)

3.VA/RC-I don't know why, but it seemed me a bit on the tougher side.There were 3-4 RCs, pretty straight ones(as that of IIFT).The RCs were pretty short with 2 or 4 questions The questions were scattered which include PJ, word usage, paragraph completion and most inappropriate use of a word.Everything was included in VA.

Attempts-16-17
Expected Correct-Don't know (May be 8-9)

With +3, -1 marking scheme
I would peg the cut-offs as
QA-27-28
VA-22-23
DI-25-26
OA-85+

1 comment: